Online and Campus-Based MBA Programs in Finance
Graduates of online MBA programs in finance are likely to join the financial analyst ranks. Institutional investors--mutual funds, hedge funds, insurance companies, and non-profits--hire analysts to invest their funds. Banks also employ analysts to sell stocks, bonds, and other investments.
Despite recent rumbles in the financial services industry, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov) says employment of financial analysts could increase by 20 percent, or much faster than average, between 2008 and 2018.
Online MBA programs in Finance: Five Career Opportunities
Career opportunities for graduates of online MBA programs in finance include interesting jobs.
- Industry, Regional or Product Analysts: Focus, for instance, on utilities, Latin America, or options to determine how norms, policies, and political or economic decisions impact investments.
- Risk Analysts: Evaluate portfolio risk and limit potential losses through diversification, currency futures, derivatives or short selling.
- Rating Analysts: Review the ability of companies and governments to pay debts, including bonds. Management teams then rate their risk of default.
- Portfolio or Fund Managers: Supervise a team of analysts; determine portfolio or hedge/mutual fund investments in products, industries and regions; and explain strategies to investors.
- Other Financial Analysts: Conduct budget, cost and credit analyses.
Analysts rely on spreadsheet and statistical software to evaluate data, identify trends, allocate portfolio assets, and forecast market behavior. They also recommend the buying, holding, or selling of investments. In May 2009, the mean annual wage of a financial analyst stood at $$85,240, according to the bls.gov. The highest paid analysts were in the San Francisco and New York metropolitan areas.
Online MBA Programs in Finance: Education Options
Online MBA programs in finance should prepare financial analysts for these lucrative yet highly competitive careers, through courses and investment simulations. Typical coursework may include capital budgeting, mergers, business forecasting, mergers, risk management, and more.
Online MBA programs in finance combine specialization courses with core disciplines to offer a well-rounded business education. Most online grad school programs in finance require two years to complete. Upon completion, graduates can then become Chartered Financial Analysts (CFAs).
MBA Programs in Finance
Continue your education with Strayer University.
Earn a Certificate, Associate, Bachelor, Master's or Doctorate for less at Baker College Online.
Thanks to Florida Tech offering intensive degree programs 100% online, students located all over the world have the opportunity to access the same world-class education as those who attend classes on the main campus in Melbourne, Florida.
A degree from CTU can connect you to what matters most: powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. So once you earn your degree you hit the ground sprinting. Are you in?
Achieve your potential with an online degree from Capella University.
- MBA - Finance
- MBA - Accounting
- MBA - General Business Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
TECHNOLOGY CHANGES EVERYTHING ™
You’ve found Ashford University, an evolution in higher education that offers relevant and engaging degrees online, as well as a supportive community where you belong.
- MBA - Finance
- MBA - No Specialization
Experience an education that helps you realize your potential in a way that fits you best. Request more information about Post University today.
Earn a respected bachelor's degree, master's degree, or Ph.D. online at Walden University.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
- Financial Management - MBA
- General Business - MBA
- Management - MBA